Saturday, January 26, 2013

Gratitude As a Bargaining Chip

Wow, I've let time fly by and I am so glad that I have seen most of you friends since my last post, or you might really think something awful happened! Turns out , that tumor was just a very large bother and, other than the fact that I still cannot do stomach crunches,  (don't hate me!) all is fabulous.

It is interesting how a health scare accelerates accomplishing things that should have already been done - like preparing for what Will happen, someday. Update will and medical directives, find all important paperwork, and make sure everyone knows how much you love them.  I also spent time irritated with myself about time wasted and  making promises that, when -not IF- recovered, I would mindfully note, every day, all the things for which I have reason to be grateful. (I also gave up Diet Coke , as if God was just waiting for that bargaining chip to determine outcome; but, at least I felt as if I had some influence over my destiny...)

And what a gift that promise is for my life! Starting (most) mornings slowly with 20 minutes or so of reading and gratitude are an amazing way to begin the day. Asking, out loud, for God's strength to be who He wants me to be, are invaluable. Proof? Rushed days when I skip those few minutes are just not right. Icky. Stressful. God doesn't need that time. I  do. You might want to try it yourself. And, definately, don't wait for a real scare to tell those you love how much they mean to they mean to you.

www.susanthetfordpartners.com





No comments:

Post a Comment