Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude

As I write this post, the past week has been one of waiting for news that will be life changing.  I have run the emotional gamut of numbness, resolution, fear, hope, determination, and waves of tears when least expected. I am sure all of these will continue regardless of the outcome. But, I am certainly praying for a tsunami of gratitude and relief.

It was in the midst of this turmoil and the day before  my future will be revealed that I read a post from Jim Rohn ( http://www.jimrohn.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=550 )   that is so meaningful that I had to re-post an excerpt. Please forgive me  (especially Mr Rohn) if I am violating rules of Social Media Etiquette, but I certainly could not do his words justice by paraphrasing...


"...As the wheel of life continues its constant turning, all human emotions appear, disappear, and appear once again.
A major challenge faced by us all is that we must learn to experience the changing of life's cycles without being changed by them; to make a constant and conscious effort to improve ourselves in the face of changing circumstances.
That is why I believe in the power and value of attitude.... it is our natural destiny to grow, to succeed, to prosper, and to find happiness while we are here.
By our attitude, we decide to read, or not to read. By our attitude, we decide to try or give up. By our attitude, we blame ourselves for our failure, or we blame others. Our attitude determines whether we tell the truth or lie, act or procrastinate, advance or recede, and by our own attitude we and we alone actually decide whether to succeed or fail."
Thank you, Mr Rohn for your words of wisdom . Regardless of tomorrow, I will do my very best to remember that attitude is everything;  God, my beloved children, family, and friends will lead me through whatever unfolds. And, my (good) attitude will continue to steer the rest of my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment